A Camping BaH

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Has anyone noticed the more or less unspoken etiquette of Furcadia?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dai
Head Of Staff

PostSubject: Has anyone noticed the more or less unspoken etiquette of Furcadia?   Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:04 am

It's something that I've been noticing more and more lately, that I've ( and others around me ) been doing for years that was just- .. natural, on Furcadia. Things I would never, ever do elsewhere.

For example, I pretty much never properly greet a friend with 'hello' and most people don't. If you know someone, you run into them. To express severe fondness, you spam on your keyboard while doing so, before laying next to them.

When you've a friend you want to lay next to, you don't generally go near their head even if nobody else is there; you go to their side and if they're not AFK / feel close to you as well, they turn automatically toward you.

Though it's polite to say brb, it seems almost everyone runs Furcadia in the background nowadays and nobody gets angry if you don't respond within 5-10 minutes at times.

Of course, those are just examples and of course they're not requirements and it may just be the interactions I've seen with people over the years. But, even from sitting next to groups of people that I don't know, it still seems to be a thing. I don't know, I just thought it was a little funny! Have you guys noticed anything similar? o u o

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone noticed the more or less unspoken etiquette of Furcadia?   Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:50 pm

I tend to run mine in the background and I respond when I pull it up again xD -cough-

Dai
Head Of Staff

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone noticed the more or less unspoken etiquette of Furcadia?   Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:06 pm

See, but that's exactly what I sad in the post above o u o Most people run it in the background and respond when they bring it back up, which tends to be every 10 - 20 minutes especially if you're doing something like drawing or watching a show. So, as everyone does it, most people are fine with a half hour between responses and generally speaking, nobody feels ignored. But, if you were to do it on say, IMVU or Gaia, a lot of people would be offended. I know I've been called a bitch on both sites on more than one occasion, for not responding within a minute.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone noticed the more or less unspoken etiquette of Furcadia?   Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:27 pm

Damn

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone noticed the more or less unspoken etiquette of Furcadia?   

Back to top Go down

Has anyone noticed the more or less unspoken etiquette of Furcadia?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1