Camp Bournedale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Camping BaH

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dream Suggestions?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Evadora

Evadora

Dream Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Dream Suggestions?   Dream Suggestions? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 3:26 am

Just have a couple ideas I thought I'd voice. :3

Quests » Not trying to copy CH or anything, but regular quests always makes a dream more fun! I had one idea, like for the weekend campfire nights that Nikai suggested, we could have an NPC there that puts a marshmellow on people's sticks so that they can roast and eat them. (The result of eating a marshmellow can turn the furre into a special digo for as long as they stay in the dream/not log out) The NPC could also ask the furre if they'd like to hear an old campfire story that his/her grandfather used to tell around the fire on clear, starry nights (like this one). If the furre responded with a !yes, the NPC would then launch into a riveting tale, which could be about some hidden treasure that some of the camp's first furres had buried when the camp first opened. Or it could be a tale about horror and ghosts (this would be great for around Fall/Halloween time). Either way, at the end of the tale, the NPC would unknowingly give the furre their first clue for the quest. The NPC could then give the furre a nudge to start the quest by saying something along the lines of, 'Hmm..you know, when I was a just a wee furre, I used to scour this camp for the treasure. Never did actually find it- but I did find this.' At this point, the NPC could place a roll of paper or an object in the listening furre's paws, which would be the first clue. The NPC could finish off by saying something like, 'Maybe you'll have better luck at finding it than me. That is...if the treasure really exists. *The NPC becomes quiet, his/her eyes moving to gaze into the dancing flame as if re-living some old memory in his/her mind. Maybe it's best you leave him/her alone for now.*' Anyway, the 'treasure' could be anything, like another special local or maybe a prize token/ticket for the prize room. Or a special item. Either way, it'd be a fun activity that'd keep the furres active and happy, but also teach them about the camp along the way, and challenge their minds. There also could be many other quests, like for example if the camp had a lake, a quest could be for the furre to find a 'secret cave' that's at the bottom of the lake. Yes, this all would require lots of DS, time, and dreamweaving, but if we all put our heads together, I'm sure we can do it. :3

Canoe Races » Another fun camp activity. If the camp has a lake, I could try and find/make a canoe patch and then try and DS it so that whenever a furre sitting in the canor presses f3, the canoe moves forward. I don't know how'd it be able to make turns, so maybe it'd have to be a straight racing track.

Camp Speakers » I have no clue how we'd make this patch, it's just an idea that came to mind. Basically it's a big wooden pole in the middle of camp with two megaphone-looking speakers at the top. Sorta like this: Dream Suggestions? Speaker-megaphone-announcement
I thought it would be neat if we made out emitlouds be something like this:
The dusty old speakers in the middle of camp crackle to life, making a loud but short beep to gather the attention nearby furres. Attention campers! In about 5 minutes, a game of four corners is going to be hosted in the activities cabin. Stop on by if you want to play!
And that'd be the emitloud.

Camp-like Buildings » I don't know if y'all were planning on doing this or not, but since this is a camp-like BaH, I think we should go full-out with the idea and have all the major BaH-like buildings be camp-like buildings. For example, if we wanted to have cooking, all the supplies and gardening stuff could be located in the Mess Hall. The Administration building or office building would obviously be the desk. Then we could have an activities building where all the games could be located, and an Arts/Crafts building for...something. xD Just some ideas to make the dream have a nice, camp-like feel. Very Happy

Anyway, yeah, thats all the ideas I can come up with right now. So, post what you think about these ideas. Opinions are appreciated. ^_^;
Back to top Go down
Alyssa

Alyssa

Dream Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream Suggestions?   Dream Suggestions? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 3:31 am

I love these ideas. Espically the canoe racing and the speakers.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Owner
Owner
Liz

Dream Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream Suggestions?   Dream Suggestions? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 3:35 am

Sounds great c:

For the canoe, I was thinking maybe patrons could fish while boating..

For the speakers, everytime someone runs into it, or when near it, it can make an announcement... It can also do emitloud.

The mess hall, and what not, sounds awesome c: But you'll have to ask Niki, since she's dreamweaving xD
Back to top Go down
https://campbournedale.forumakers.com
Alyssa

Alyssa

Dream Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream Suggestions?   Dream Suggestions? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 3:58 am

Carol wrote:
Sounds great c:

For the canoe, I was thinking maybe patrons could fish while boating..

For the speakers, everytime someone runs into it, or when near it, it can make an announcement... It can also do emitloud.

The mess hall, and what not, sounds awesome c: But you'll have to ask Niki, since she's dreamweaving xD

I wouldn't understand how running into the speakers would work. Since it will only emit to one furre. And the canoes could be for different things.
Back to top Go down
Evadora

Evadora

Dream Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream Suggestions?   Dream Suggestions? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 11:36 am

Were you thinking that any furre can use the speaker pole to emitloud to the dream, like for a game their hosting and such, Lizz? I might be able to DS that. Dunno if it's possible. Plus there'd be problems with trollers who'd emitloud random junk. But I think that's what she means. xD

Also yes, besides racing, the canoes can also be taken further out into the lake and used for better fishing access. Great idea. c:
Back to top Go down
Liz
Owner
Owner
Liz

Dream Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream Suggestions?   Dream Suggestions? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 11:19 pm

O.o

No... Do you guys know how DS works here? x.x Besides Eva.

Dragon Speak:

(0:3) When somebody moves into object type #,
(5:200) emit message {...} to the triggering furre.

(0:7) When somebody moves into position (#,#),
(5:200) emit message {...} to the triggering furre.

(0:7) When somebody moves into position (#,#),
(5:201) emit message {...} to any furre present.

(0:9) When a furre arrives in the dream,

(0:31) When a furre says {...},
(1:11) and the triggering furre has got shared control (or is the dream owner),

(0:50) When countdown timer # goes off,

And so forth.. You get what I mean?

Yes, the canoes can be for different things. I was suggesting that one of them can be for fishing. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Evadora

Evadora

Dream Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream Suggestions?   Dream Suggestions? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 6:06 pm

Mkay, I looked at some camp maps to see what kind of buildings camps normally have, so I'd thought I'd make a list for y'all, and also include a little description what it could possibly be used for in the dream. ^_^

Boat House »
Activites Building » Here we could have fun little activities for campers to do, like Four Corners, Decorating contest, etc.
Mess Hall » It'd of course look like a smallish cafeteria with wooden tables & benches. This is where you can get supplies for cooking from the chef and maybe special kitchen items if you make a recipe and bring it back to him.
Health Hut/Building » Hmm, I don't really think we need an actual 'nurse' since we're not going to have everyone have health statuses and stuff, so maybe this could be where campers could buy herbs and gardening stuff? Might have to change the name though.
Work Shop » ...No clue. xD Any ideas?
Gym » For a soccer game and/or capture the flag?
Staff Housing » Some tiny little cabins for the staff members. I think it'd be really cute if we had these all arranged in like a little courtyard that would be connected to the camp by a path, and a gate would prevent any furres other than staff to get in. Of course these cabins would be smaller then the average cabins, or we could create just one big Staff Cabin with everyone having their own little private section/room. :3
Trading Post » Woot, trading post! This here could be used to cash in your little prize token/tickets (if we're doing that) for special prizes! c:
Announcement Board » Here is just an announcement board where we can list major events coming up, changes to the dream, heads-up on future reloads, etc. I also had a thought that we could maybe charge people 1-2GD if they wanted to put up a personalized ad on the board that everyone in the dream could see. This ad could be for: For-Sale Digos, Art Commissions, RP-wanted, etc. A manager, the co-owner, or the owners would have to sign off on each ad to make sure it's appropriate before putting it up on the board. It'd be a good way to get money for our Dream-Package fund, along with the perms. We'd have to set a limit on the number of ads on the board at a time, and also a limit on how long the ad would be up on the board. I'm thinking for 1-2GD, maybe a week or two?

Some things camps normally have are;
-Rock Wall
-Waterfall or Water Tower
-Lake Slide
-High & Low Ropes
-Zip Line
-Archery/Shooting range
-Fishing
-Canoeing
-Crafts
-Riding Arena & Horse Pasture
-Hiking Trails
-Soccer, Tennis, Basketball, Frisbee, Football, etc

Comments, ideas, suggestions, opinions, anything is always appreciated. (:
Back to top Go down
Liz
Owner
Owner
Liz

Dream Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream Suggestions?   Dream Suggestions? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 6:10 pm

I think that all sounds wonderful! Chi, Niki, and myself shall discuss what we shall do c:

Back to top Go down
Evadora

Evadora

Dream Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream Suggestions?   Dream Suggestions? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 6:38 pm

Okie dokie Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dream Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream Suggestions?   Dream Suggestions? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dream Suggestions?
Page 1 of 1