Camp Bournedale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Camping BaH

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

..More suggestions? xD

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Evadora

Evadora

..More suggestions? xD Empty
PostSubject: ..More suggestions? xD   ..More suggestions? xD Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 7:16 pm

I think a lot in the shower. <.< >.> xD

On-Duty Staff » A quick idea that came to me, revolving around the dream's skin. This could help with furres who don't know who all is staff, and who to ask for help without coming to the desk, or if no one is at the desk. :3
On one of the tabs in the skin, maybe the 'F' tab, we could create a list of sorts, that would be updated regularly with the names of all the staff currently on duty and ready to help. For example, lets say I just log on and pop into the dream. I could then say something like !Onduty and it would add my name, Rhya, to the list of On-Duty Staff on the F tab, letting everyone know that I am on duty and ready to help any furre who needs it. We can also create the skin so that if someone double click on the name of an on-duty staff member, it'd automatically open the whisper window and let the furre send that staff member a whisper. Then a staff member, if they have to get offline or just don't want to be bombarded with whispers, can say !offduty and it'd take their name off the list so that they can chill. I was also thinking of maybe making some DS, if it's possible, to keep track of how often each furre comes on duty, and how long they stay on duty. This would help a lot with inactive staff members. c:

Cabins & Tents » I know that 9 cabins fit the current map layout perfectly (well, besides cabin 1's roof being non-walkable), I think we should make more cabins. At least 15 is what I think. Or a number that ends in a 0 or 5. (I'm OCD like that. xD) That way if we hold like, big decorating contests, many people can enter. Plus, we want to have a good amount of cabins because I'm positive we're going to get a bunch of people. Very Happy For tents, I think 10 is an excellent number. ^-^

Day & Night » We could either do this on the skin or in the actual dream. I've seen many dreams with a certain patch placed behind like, a forest, so that it gives the place a background to make it look like a sky. Really helps the atmosphere of the dream instead of that twinkling black floor, water everywhere, clouds, or just a plain black floor. If we find a patch like that, we could also edit the sky and make a dark sky one for night, so that in the dream it switched out the day sky patch and the night sky patch on command. For the skin, we could just put a little symbol of a sun or moon, perhaps. c:

There was one other idea but I forgot it. xD
Back to top Go down
Liz
Owner
Owner
Liz

PostSubject: Re: ..More suggestions? xD   ..More suggestions? xD Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 9:08 pm

Quote:

Quote :
On-Duty Staff » A quick idea that came to me, revolving around the dream's skin. This could help with furres who don't know who all is staff, and who to ask for help without coming to the desk, or if no one is at the desk. :3
On one of the tabs in the skin, maybe the 'F' tab, we could create a list of sorts, that would be updated regularly with the names of all the staff currently on duty and ready to help. For example, lets say I just log on and pop into the dream. I could then say something like !Onduty and it would add my name, Rhya, to the list of On-Duty Staff on the F tab, letting everyone know that I am on duty and ready to help any furre who needs it. We can also create the skin so that if someone double click on the name of an on-duty staff member, it'd automatically open the whisper window and let the furre send that staff member a whisper. Then a staff member, if they have to get offline or just don't want to be bombarded with whispers, can say !offduty and it'd take their name off the list so that they can chill. I was also thinking of maybe making some DS, if it's possible, to keep track of how often each furre comes on duty, and how long they stay on duty. This would help a lot with inactive staff members. c:

This sounds like a great idea, with a few issues, if you will. For the !OnDuty, not all staff will remember to type that whenever they want to be on duty, including myself. So, I have solutions for that c:

- We could have it so there is an entry emit for staff only, as a reminder to "Check In". For example: "Welcome to Camp Bournedale! Remember to type !OnDuty when your going on duty, or to type !OffDuty when logging off and/or taking a break."

- We could have it so there`s a reminder every.. like 20 minutes or something, only for staff... xD

- We could have it so Managers and/or Head Staff are in charge of making sure those who are on duty are checked in, etc.

Quote:

Quote :
Cabins & Tents » I know that 9 cabins fit the current map layout perfectly (well, besides cabin 1's roof being non-walkable), I think we should make more cabins. At least 15 is what I think. Or a number that ends in a 0 or 5. (I'm OCD like that. xD) That way if we hold like, big decorating contests, many people can enter. Plus, we want to have a good amount of cabins because I'm positive we're going to get a bunch of people. Very Happy For tents, I think 10 is an excellent number. ^-^

I think that when we have the Dream Package, 15 (or more) cabins would be sufficient. For the tents, 10 is a reasonable number.. But as you said, I think we may have a large amount of people as well, so perhaps 15 (or more).

Quote:

Quote :

Day & Night » We could either do this on the skin or in the actual dream. I've seen many dreams with a certain patch placed behind like, a forest, so that it gives the place a background to make it look like a sky. Really helps the atmosphere of the dream instead of that twinkling black floor, water everywhere, clouds, or just a plain black floor. If we find a patch like that, we could also edit the sky and make a dark sky one for night, so that in the dream it switched out the day sky patch and the night sky patch on command. For the skin, we could just put a little symbol of a sun or moon, perhaps. c:

Your explanation on this one confused me a bit.. What I got from it, is you want it so the floor or "sky" around the front/cabin insides/etc so they change to night and day, instead of being one solid floor. I personally think this would be an excellent idea, although it may be difficult to do.

We shall discuss these suggestions once all owners (& co-owner(s)) are online.
Back to top Go down
https://campbournedale.forumakers.com
Evadora

Evadora

PostSubject: Re: ..More suggestions? xD   ..More suggestions? xD Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 4:52 am

Yeah, we can definitely code it so that it reminds all staff when they enter the dream, and we can also make it one of the Managers' jobs. Emitting it only to staff every 20 minutes though...will take up a bunch of un-needed DS lines, and I can see myself quickly getting annoyed by it. xD

I tried to explain the Day&Night one as best as I could, but yep, you got it. Basically just using patches and floors to create a "sky" like background in the dream to make the camp seem more realistic instead of using the black floor patch that makes it look like it's floating randomly out in space. xD
Back to top Go down
Liz
Owner
Owner
Liz

PostSubject: Re: ..More suggestions? xD   ..More suggestions? xD Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 6:44 pm

Alrighty Razz

I have some floor patches we can use, but the effect is still unknown >.<
Back to top Go down
https://campbournedale.forumakers.com

PostSubject: Re: ..More suggestions? xD   ..More suggestions? xD Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 11:55 pm

Wow, I made an account JUST to reply to this..awesome.

Quote :

On one of the tabs in the skin, maybe the 'F' tab, we could create a list of sorts, that would be updated regularly with the names of all the staff currently on duty and ready to help. For example, lets say I just log on and pop into the dream. I could then say something like !Onduty and it would add my name, Rhya, to the list of On-Duty Staff on the F tab, letting everyone know that I am on duty and ready to help any furre who needs it.

This idea is awesome, and completely possible. I actually love it.

Quote :

We can also create the skin so that if someone double click on the name of an on-duty staff member, it'd automatically open the whisper window and let the furre send that staff member a whisper. Then a staff member, if they have to get offline or just don't want to be bombarded with whispers, can say !offduty and it'd take their name off the list so that they can chill.

This part here, slightly less possible without the use of bots...

Quote :

I was also thinking of maybe making some DS, if it's possible, to keep track of how often each furre comes on duty, and how long they stay on duty. This would help a lot with inactive staff members. c:
Annnnd, another good idea. This part here is possible with either PS, DS, or Bots. Easiest and best way to do this without wasting PS space or lines in DS, would be a bot.

Anyway. I love her ideas people, I think they'd be awesome in a dream. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ..More suggestions? xD   ..More suggestions? xD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

..More suggestions? xD
Page 1 of 1